Visit www.Michigan.gov/UIA – File An Unemployment Claim Online
File An Unemployment Claim Online
If you are a legal resident of the State of Michigan who has lost his or her job, then you may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. While this is probably a difficult time for you, the good new is that Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) has made filing unemployment claims easier than ever via their online service.
Filing an unemployment claim online is not complicated and will take approximately 30 minutes depending on how many questions the system needs to ask to process your claim.
What Are Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) Online Services?
Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) Online Services provide a bunch of online services for both employees and employers in Michigan. One of the most important services is filing unemployment claims for benefits. Although you can file from any place with internet connection, you need to file between 7:00 am and 7.00 pm Monday to Saturday.
How Do You File An Unemployment Claim Online?
- You must have a computer with internet access.
- You must have your social security number, your driver’s license or State ID number, your bank’s routing number, and your bank account number.
- You need to provide the names, addresses, dates worked and wages earned of all the employers you had in the last 18 months.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) website (related link 1 below), click on “File an Unemployment Claim Online.”
- When entering the new page, click on “Begin Filing.”
- Read the terms carefully. Ff you agree with the terms, tick “I agree”, and click on “File a Claim.”
- Fill in the identification information, click on “Proceed.”
- Enter information regarding your employment history, follow instructions to complete the claim.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency:
- Unemployment Insurance Agency Online Unemployment Claim Fact Sheet: