Visit www.HMRC.gov.uk – Claim Tax Credits
Claim Tax Credits
If you are living in UK, are you responsible for at least one child right now? Or are you working at a low income rate? If one of the answers is yes, you are probably eligible to claim tax credits, call Tax Credits Helpline and claim to get your tax credits from UK government.
What Is Tax Credits?
There are two types of tax credits for individuals in UK to claim, child tax credit (CTC) and working tax credit (WTC). If you are responsible to raise at least one child or the young who lives together with you, you can claim for child tax credit. If you are employed or self-employed with a low income amount, you can claim for working tax credit as well. You can check your qualifications through a quick online questionnaire and learn how much you can get with the help of entitlement tables from HMRC website (related link 2 below).
How To Claim Tax Credits?
- Make Clear About Following Information Before You Claim
- Your National Insurance Number.
- Your last tax year income (from Apr 6th last year to Apr 5th this year). If you were employed, you can find it from P60 certificate or final pay slip from your work place for the tax year. If you were self-employed, you need to prepare a detail list of your income.
- Benefits you get from others, such as Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Carer’s Allowance.
- Other incomes you get from investments such as savings interest, pension or rent.
- Payment for the childcare if you once hired a registered provider.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- With your relevant income information and National Insurance Number needed at hand, call Tax Credits Helpline 0845 300 3900 to claim your tax credits. You will get a tax credit claim pack from Tax Credits Helpline. This is the only means for you to claim tax credits.
- Fill in the claim form by yourself. You can download a guidance for how to fill-in claim form from related link 3 below.
- Submit all claim forms to Tax Credit Office.
- HM Revenue And Customs:
- HMRC Tax Credits:
- HMRC Tax Credits Forms And Help Sheets: